Becoming a Volunteer
Volunteers will be accepted through a registration process. Registration applications are available online or can be requested via email at info@TSFUSA.org. Once established, a volunteer will receive general volunteer orientation and guidelines specific to their choice of service area.
Volunteers are one of the most valuable resources at the Foundation and as such are extended the right to meaningful duties, fair treatment and full participation and in exchange agree to perform their assigned duties to the best of their ability and remain loyal to the mission, goals and procedures of the Foundation.
Placement and Use of Skills
Volunteers will be matched to opportunities that recognize their talents, interests and availability for serving.
If you want to help, but you do not know where to start, look at our PROGRAM areas. If you are a forward thinker, perhaps you have an idea you would like to suggest. We welcome new ideas, new volunteers, and certainly new leadership!
Tools and Materials
Volunteer Online Application
TSF Talent Management Handbook View or Print
Individuals should reflect upon their ability, talents and availability as they consider the capacity in which they would like to volunteer. The foundation has many roles that can be filled and everyone can help on some level. Some of the higher skilled roles may include, but are not limited to:
- Marketing, strategic planning, advertising, graphic and print arts
- Publicity, writing, blogging, editing, photography, videography
- Fundraising, soliciting donations, special event planning
- Management, board, project, program, operations, planning, grant writing
- Public speaking, professional presentations, exhibit representation
- Fiscal operations, financial management, budgeting, bookkeeping
- Policy and governance, legal, legislative, by-laws, policy, and procedures
- Information management and data collection, technology platforms and applications
- Professional liason; teacher, administrator, public health, legistlator, research, geneticist, social worker, physician, lawyer, fundraising professional, etc.
Volunteer areas individuals may consider are:
- Advocacy activities
- Awareness activities
- Team TSF leadership
- Team TSF participant
- Research advancement
- Patient particpation activities
- Special event planning
To order copies of awareness materials and more, visit our online store SHOP
back to top